Humidity control and the supply of dry air is the best way to solve problems with long term storage and preservation of defence equipment.
Common concerns with the protection and preservation of military equipment:
- How to increase serviceability of defence technology and equipment?
- How to stop development of corrosion during storage and preservation of defence technology and equipment?
- How to protect weapons and ammunition from corrosion during storage?
- How to reduce maintenance and repair costs of defence technology and equipment?
- How to reduce costs of preservation of defence technology and equipment?
In order to achieve these goals, it is necessary to choose an effective way to preserve and store defence technology and equipment. The use of sorption technology will provide optimal protection against corrosion to metal surfaces and damage to electronics caused by excessive humidity levels. We are able to select the correct desiccant dehumidifier for your equipment to ensure safe long-term storage and preservation is achieved.
Almost all components of defence technology and equipment are subject to corrosion.
Weapons and ammunition as well as almost all elements of defence technology listed below need protection from negative effects of moisture during periods in storage.
- Helicopters and others
The advantages of utilising desiccant dehumidifiers for preservation of military equipment over condensation type dehumidifiers
- High drying efficiency at a low energy-consumption level.
- Efficient operation for year-round humidity control without the need to provide supplementary heating, effective at providing humidity control at sub-zero temperatures.
- Robust design, with low maintenance requirements.
- Small size and low weight making for ease of transportation.
- Range of control options for precise control of relative humidity or dewpoint
- Corrosion-resistant body (stainless steel, aluminium zinc)
- Compliance with all acting EU Directives and quality standards.